Florida state law has defined what medical conditions qualify for the use of cannabis therapy.  Beyond this, many chronic or debilitating conditions will also qualify a patient. If we are unable certify you, your fees will be refunded.

You can bring your medical records with you to your first appointment, but don’t worry if you don’t have them. We will have you sign a medical records release form and request any needed medical records on your behalf. Many doctors will provide a Referral for a medical marijuana treatment evaluation, and that will make the process even easier for you since this counts as documentation of your medical condition.

(1) If you have them on your computer, you can submit your medical records through our website when you register. (2) If you have hard copies, you can drop them off at our office, or email them or fax them to us. (3) If you don’t have them, just register with Liberate and we can request them from your doctor.

Our office is always happy to help.  Most questions can usually be answered by phone or email.

Absolutely. Everything is confidential and all visits are protected under the privacy laws of HIPAA.

A caregiver is someone you appoint to:

  • Place telephone orders on your behalf.
  • Purchase products for you at dispensaries without you being there.
  • Accept home deliveries on your behalf.

There is a $75 fee to the Florida Department of Health, and the caregiver must provide a valid driver’s license or State ID and additional documentation required by the state. We assist our patients with online caregiver applications at no additional charge, but there may be additional outside costs associated with the required documentation needed by the state (such as power of attorney documentation, etc)

Yes, Florida does allow seasonal residents (who live in the state for at least 31 consecutive days) to obtain a medical marijuana card with qualifying proof of residency. If you do not have a valid Florida driver’s license or ID, you must provide any two of the following types of documents with your name and Florida address as proof of residency:

  • Property Deed, Mortgage Statement, Property Tax Bill
  • Rental or Lease Agreement
  • Water or Electric Bill
  • Voter Registration Card
  • Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, and investment accounts
  • Mail from a federal, state, county or municipal government agency

Most insurance companies do not provide coverage for doctor appointments because cannabis is still a Schedule I drug on the federal level. There is no Medicare or Medicaid coverage. We provide receipts for all payments, and you may submit them to your insurance company to seek reimbursement if they have coverage. Some Health Savings Accounts will also cover fees for doctor appointments, please refer to your insurer for specific details.

Prices for each location are on their main page.

Yes, you may use a credit card or your PayPal account to pay for deposits. In the office we also accept cash.

Current times are running between 2-3 weeks for your Florida State MMUR Card application to be processed by the Florida Department of Health. If there is a problem with your application, they will notify you by email or US mail. You may login to your online patient account at anytime to check the status of your application. If you have any additional questions about the status of your application with the Florida Department of Health, please contact them at 1-800-808-9580.

Your Florida State MMUR Card (Medical Marijuana User Registry) is good for one year. Your certification with our doctor is good for 210 days, approximately 7 months, which is the maximum amount of time Florida will allow a doctor to certify a patient. You must return for a face-to-face doctor appointment every 210 days.

You will be required to show proof of residency for the state of Florida. This can be a Florida drivers license, state ID, voters registration card, or a utility bill verifying your name and Florida address. ALSO – please bring your medical records if you haven’t already requested them). Seasonal residents have additional requirements.

Anyone who is under 18 may still be eligible to receive a recommendation. A legal guardian will need to provide consent and be at the office visits and a second physician may be required to review the minor’s medical records.

There are no questions about any marijuana use on either the concealed carry permit application or renewal forms.  There are additional areas for concern though regarding purchasing firearms. When you purchase a firearm at a retail location, you are required to fill out Federal Form 4773 (Firearms Transaction Record.) This form has the following question:

11 (e) Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

If you answer yes to this question and submit this form, your may not be able to purchase the firearm and this may give you a “federal disqualifier.” Persons with “federal disqualifiers”  are not eligible to have a Florida Concealed Carry Permit. Please contact your attorney if you require additional guidance.

Scroll to Top